Hoard of the Dragon Queen - MN
Beef the Barbarian
Half Orc Barbarian on quest to get maddest of gains
Lvl: 1 Barbarian
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
|Strength: 19||Dexterity: 14|
|Constitution: 14||Intelligence: 9|
|Wisdom: 14||Charisma: 14|
|Hit Points: 14||Armor Class: 14|
Proficiencies and Languages:
- Skills: Animal Handling, Athletics, Intimidation, Perception and Survival
- Orcish and Common Languages
- Navigator’s Tools
- Water Vehicles
- Shields, Light and Medium armor
- Simple and Martial weapons
Features and Traits:
- Bad Reputation – Can get away with petty criminal offenses due to former background.
- Dark Vision – Can see in dim light within 60 feet as if it were bright light.
- Rage – 2 number of times per day (based on level), gain advantage to strength checks and saving throws as well as extra damage on melee attacks. Also gain resistance to bludgeoning, piercing and slashing.
- Relentless Endurance – When reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, this ability allows a drop to 1 hit point instead. Cannot use again until after a long rest.
- Savage Attacks – When scoring a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, an extra damage die can be rolled.
- Unarmored Defense – Can add constitution modifier as well as dexterity modifier for AC when wearing no armor.
Lokra Left-Tit was once one of the most feared pirates of the Sword Coast. With her ship, Poseidon’s Prick, her and her motley band of orcs pillaged and plundered what they could, taking all it had to offer. During those adventures, she had met a dashing human captain (or so she said), and not long after, Beef was conceived. His childhood was spent on the sea among the band of pirates, learning the ins and outs of running a ship, and what a pirate’s life entails.
Soon after his 13th birthday, Lokra was challenged for her position as captain by Bothkha, one of the more aggressive and disobedient members of the crew. While she had fought well, her own age had been catching up to her, and led to her eventual death in combat. Grieved over his mother’s death, Beef immediately jumped into battle and challenged Bothkha for vengeance. He was beaten to an inch of his life, dumped into the ocean and was left for dead.
Miraculously, the young half-orc washed up on shore. After slowly recovering, he then spent the next several years wandering the land, trying to find some purpose in life. It wasn’t until he wandered into a rowdy tavern where he found it – in the body of a hulked out halfling who was wider than he was tall. Beef thought to try and challenge him to an arm wrestling match and realized that he thought wrong when he had his ass handed to him several times. The halfling then introduced himself as Adonis Butterbrew, Cleric of Hercules, wandering to spread what he called “The Gospel of Gains”, and that Beef could definitely benefit, after that weak-ass attempt at arm wrestling. Impressed by his skills, Beef followed the halfling for awhile, learning the laws of lifts and the way of gains.
After spending some months with Adonis, Beef truly learned that like Hercules himself, he must face trials. He then set off into the world himself to prove himself and to spread the word of weights.